A giant thank you to Ackermans for entrusting NEWKIDZ on the block with the extremely generous donation of clothing and shoes late last year.
The cartons containing ladies shoes; children shoes; ladies blouses; belts; baby t-shirts; baby pants and pillow cases was all sorted out and distributed to a total of 29 projects / families:
- Jelly Tots EduCare – Mfuleni
- Zanethemba Kidz Haven – Philippi
- Lonwabo home for disabled children – Mfuleni
- Scorpio Creche – Ocean View
- Baphumelele Children’s Home – Khayelitsha
- Noncedo EduCare – Mfuleni
- Fellowship Chistian School for children with learning disabilities – Ottery
- St. Georges Home for girls – Wynberg
- Masigcine Children’s Home – Mfuleni
- Koraal lighthouse for abused women – Paarl
- Heaven’s Shelter house for abused women and children – Mitchells Plain
- 3 Families who have fostered children in Mfuleni & Khayelitsha
- An organization in Worcester who give “starter pack” hampers to new mothers from the farming community who visit the clinic in the area
- Khulangolwazi EduCare – Khayelitsha
- The Ark (haven) – Mfuleni
- Vulamasango – Philippi farm district
- Little Star EduCare – Mfuleni
- Mooiplaas farming community – Brackenfell
- A number of unemployed families in the Kraaifontein area
- Enza (skills training centre for young women) – Paarl
- Jesus In Action ministry – caring for homeless people – Brackenfell / Kraaifontein area
- A family who lost all their possessions in a fire – Paarl
- House to your destiny – place of safety for abused women and children – Matroosfontein
- Touch the hem of His garment – organization who care for abused women – Lotus River
- Nokhwezi EduCare – Mfuleni
- Uyesu Unathi Church – Khayelitsha
- We have made arrangements for the single / sample shoes to go to the Orthopedic Division at Lentegeur Hospital.
The donations were either delivered in person to each of these facilities / families or the managers collected from our distribution area. We trust that you are happy with the manner in which we distributed these items and that should this opportunity arise in the future, that Ackermans will look favourably on NEWKIDZ on the block once again.
We received a number of messages of gratitude from the recipients and it was such a blessing to give to those less fortunate than ourselves especially over Christmas time … the time for giving.