Mooiplaas Community Centre
Over the weekend of the 1st – 3rd April 2011; in under 24-hours and with the help of over 70 volunteers a building that was in serious need of repairs on a wine farm, outside Brackenfell, was restored to a beautiful, secure, waterproof building for the people of this farming community.
As the organizers of this makeover we would like to thank every volunteer who gave up their weekend to help at this project. The end result would never have been achieved without you.
We’d like to make special mention of the company South Pro under the management of Paul Gallant who donated the guttering and the ceiling as well as negotiating a laminated floor as well as cladding to be donated. Paul along with his team volunteered their time to install the ceiling; attach the cladding and guttering. They started at 06h00 on both days to complete their work on time. Please accept our sincere gratitude for all your efforts!
The improvements that were done in this short space of time were:
- Laminated flooring was installed
- Ceiling was removed and a beautiful new one was installed
- Fluorescent lights were fitted
- All the window panes were replaced and new closing mechanisms were fitted
- Cladding was fitted to the outside of the building
- Roof was repaired and painted
- Interior and exterior painting work was done
- Guttering was installed
- Safety gate fitted
- Fire extinguishers
- Curtains were hung; chairs and free–standing fans were donated and cushions were put in place
- Pictures were hung and creative artwork was done
- Kitchen unit was given
- Grounds were levelled and a beautiful garden was created
- Play structure was installed